Homework is a shared responsibility between parents, students and teachers.
At OLGC we aim to develop in students:
- a passion for learning
- independent work habits
- research skills
- time management skills
- an ownership for their work
- an understanding that learning takes place in different environments
At OLGC students will be:
- supported with activities appropriate to their level and inclusive of individual needs.
- provided with opportunities to review and discuss their homework as necessary
- encouraged to read and keep a journal during periods of extended absenteeism, such as family holidays. Teachers will not provide homework during these times.
POSSIBILITIES FOR HOMEWORK
- Take home Maths book and Mathletics tasks
- Oral language (Show and Tell/Speaking and Listening)
- Completion of class tasks
- Inquiry – independent research
- Online activities
Homework will generally consist of four sessions of:-
- Foundation - 10 minutes a day
- Years 1 & 2 - 15 minutes a day
- Years 3 & 4 - 20 minutes a day
- Years 5 & 6 - 30 minutes a day
This time allocation may be broken up and distributed across the week.